Friday 24 June 2011

Olympic Ticket System Working Well

Well, I didn't get any first round tickets (like nearly everyone else).

However, I did get invited to the second round.

So this morning I set an alarm for 0550, had my computer all ready to go, was logged in way before 0600. I listened carefully for the pips (and as backup, had a GMT count down linked to an atomic clock), pressed F5 (to refresh the options).

The session I wanted moved from "Not Available" to "Available", pressed Checkout then Submitted my details.

Because I'm not a cretin, I was able to read the rules, which said that your order was listed when you pressed "Submit", not when they were in your basket, so I didn't dick around with other stuff.

Apparently, shortly after this the site slowed down and people were unable to log in (I was one of them when I tried to log in again 15 minutes later). Well, maybe the idiots should have got out of bed earlier.

Of course, I'd also like to thank my exceptionally fast Gaming PC, LAN (rather than the laggy wifi) and my Virgin 50MBs cable Internet connection.

I'll let you all know if I was successful when I do. I figure the email confirming the order at 0601 is probably a good sign though!

No comments:

Post a Comment